There are several ways to tell if your air conditioner is low on Freon (refrigerant).
- You are not able to keep or get your desired temperature in your home. In other words, your air conditioning system is just not doing its job.
- No or only an unusually small amount of air is coming from the vents. This often means the evaporator coil in your air handler or furnace is frozen and not allowing air to flow freely through your ducts.
- You have ice on your air conditioning unit. Often if your home’s HVAC is not cooling properly and you have a low Freon issue, a look at the refrigerant lines connected to the air conditioning unit outside the house will reveal icing at that location. A definite sign of being low on Freon.
- The air coming through the vents is warm or not as cool as you are used to.
Any of these symptoms can indicate your air conditioning system may be low on Freon.
If your Raleigh, Cary, or Wake Forest air conditioner is experiencing any of these issues listed above, we at Cool Change Heating and Air Conditioning recommend you turn the unit off immediately. There are a couple of reasons for this.
- Running your unit this this condition puts stress to many of the major components to your HVAC system.
- These items include, but are not limited to, the compressor, (operating out of temperature and pressure ranges that it is designed for in order for it to achieve proper and long term operation.)
- Another is the blower motor, (because the ice in the evaporator coil blocking the flow of air, this stresses the blower motor.)
- The electrical components in your HVAC system can also suffer, ( ice build-up inside your AC unit can cause improper drainage issues which can cause water to get into electrical components.)
- When you call Cool Change Heating and Air we respond quickly to your air conditioner repair needs. This means that if a technician arrives and you still have ice on the system, we will have to wait for the system to defrost before any repairs can be done. Yes, we have ways of speeding up the defrosting process, but the sooner we can take the measures to remedy the situation, the sooner you will be enjoying a nice cool environment inside your Raleigh, Cary or Wake Forest Home.
Is your air conditioner low on Freon? Cool Change Heating and Air is here to serve you with all your HVAC needs, whether you are in Raleigh, Cary or Wake Forest, NC. One call and Cool Change Heating and Air Conditioning will immediately send out a qualified technician that will quickly diagnose your air conditioner issues and provide a resolution for immediate repair. Call 919 457-2494