Save Money on Your Utility Bills & Extend the life of your Cary HVAC Unit
Yearly Cary HVAC Maintenance Makes a Difference
Cool Change Heating and Air believes that your Cary HVAC unit should be serviced twice a year to keep it running efficiently. Maintaining your heating and cooling unit makes financial sense. Just like you need to go to the doctor each year for a check-up to prevent illness, your HVAC unit needs a check up each year to prevent costly repairs. We agree with Benjamin Franklin when he says “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” We will come out to Cary to perform spring and fall maintenance to ensure your unit can keep you comfortable whether it is hot or cold.
Spring HVAC Maintenance
In the Spring, Cool Change will come out to Cary to perform maintenance on your air conditioning unit to prepare your unit to keep you cool during those hot Cary summer days and nights. One of the major ways we keep your unit running smoothly is to perform a deep clean of your coil with a low pressure chemical wash. We take apart your unit to get to the coil to make sure it is clean to better keep your air cool in your Cary home.
In the spring we also:
- Vacuum the inside of your unit and drain lines
- Tighten voltage connections
- Measure the amps in your fan motor and compressor
- Check dual capacitors to prevent motor loss
- Measure freon levels
- Check superheat and sub cooling levels
- Inspect piston and thermal exchange valves
- Change filters
- Overall assessment of AC unit
Fall HVAC Maintenance
In the Fall, Cool Change will come out to your Cary home to perform maintenance on your heating unit to prepare your unit to keep you warm during those cold Cary winter days and nights. One thing we do during fall maintenance is that we examine your heat exchanger for cracks or areas that are rusty or leaking. If your heat exchanger is leaking, carbon monoxide could be coming into your home.
In the fall we also,
- Start-up your system to make sure it ignites correctly
- Test blower motor capacitors to prevent motor loss
- Ensure proper airflow and make adjustments if needed
- Inspect and clean ignition assembly
- Check for carbon monoxide
- Test all safety controls
- Measure output of heating system
- Test contractor, controls, relays, and transformers
HVAC Maintenance Costs and Benefits for Cary Homeowners
Cool Change Heating and Air will come twice a year to your Cary home, but you will only pay once each year. It costs $225 a year to have us come out to Cary to perform spring and fall maintenance. If you sign up to be a maintenance client, you will also get a 10% discount off repairs. You will not be charged extra for service call fees after hours or on weekends. Our Cary HVAC Maintenance clients have first priority when scheduling so if you need us, we will be there as soon as possible.
Routine HVAC maintenance is important for the health of your unit…and your wallet!